tra·di·tion:
1 : an inherited, established, or customary pattern of thought, action, or behavior (as a religious practice or a social custom)
2 : cultural continuity in social attitudes, customs, and institutions
"One of the only Arizona football traditions, the jingling of keys prior to every kickoff seems to be a mystery to fans, players and even longtime employees of the school's athletic department." - Brian Savitch
Angela Farr: I like the angle of this photograph, a birds eye view of the keys and bleachers. It is interesting how the photo really only captures in the top right corner one key but if you have ever been to a football game you understand the point and tradition of the keys and don't need to see ring full of keys. The background, the bleachers, is kind of blurred out too and I like that because it just emphasizes the keys more. You didnt put the keys in the "dead space", you make the viewers eye go to the top right corner.
ReplyDeleteI love that this picture came from a test shot. Your eye follows the diagonal of the key to the blurred background number, which is both of focus due to this line, and out of focus due to its position in the background. I find that duality very visually interesting.
ReplyDeleteThough it is clear that everything within this picture is still, you have created the illusion of movement created from the angle of the key in relation to the horizontal bleachers. The blurred background also has a nice effect of emphasizing the importance of the keys. I have been to a few football games, but had never realized the significance of the key jingling until I saw this picture. You did a great job.
ReplyDelete-Sherry B